5/13/10

Who Took My Babies???

Hi Everyone-

Nana has been here for a week now and we have quickly gotten back into routine.  I think we have all settled into our "organized chaos" here at the Meade home. 

The boys went to the pediatrician this week for a Well visit.  They had 3 immunization shots and actually did great...a few shrills were made and then they all passed out in their car seats  I think I was more nervous for them than I thought....well...maybe more nervous that they wouldn't let us forget how mean we were for taking them to get the shots!

The boys continue to grow and change daily.  Both Asher and Skyler are 10lbs and Ryder is 8.3!  I just can't believe it.  They were so very tiny just a few months ago...I know, I know, that's what babies do...they grow.  I guess I feel different about it since having them so premature and seeing how tiny they all were.  You think that it would take forever for them to grow big and strong.

We are really starting to see their personalities.  Asher is the most laid-back baby in the world, Skyler is very dramatic and demanding; if he doesn't get what he wants, he surely won't let you forget until he gets it, (At the ripe ol' age of 9.5 weeks he has already learned to throw tantrums!)  and Ryder, our little man is just starting to grow into his own and I think is a bit of both boys. 

Just in the past few days I very seriously began to think that someone took my sweet babies and gave me very mean, fussy babies that don't like to sleep AT ALL.  They have taken a little turn in our sweet baby world and like to cry from the early evening hours until about 1130pm (or longer..maybe even until 1am!).  Just as one gets settled and you pick the other up to settle him, the other starts crying.  It's a great fun game they like to play with mom all night.

I sent one of my best friends, Gina a text last night in the midst of our fun game, letting her know what was going on and she told me to swaddle, make the shh shh sound...yup I tackled that one about 20 times...then I believe she said "that sucks". ha ha!  That was my thought!  Seriously though...she has been so supportive and helpful.  She has a one year old boy and is about to have twin boys so I am pretty sure she and I will be on the phone several times throughout our week trying to figure out being a mom to multiples!

I guess if we always had good babies we wouldn't get the whole experience.  It sure teaches you a lot about yourself.  Even though I was almost losing my calm last night...I woke this morning excited to see their faces and ready to take on mommy hood to my babies or even the ones someone slipped into our home the other night!

Well, off to have another cup of coffee and "play time-tummy time" with the boys.  Love to you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment