9/11/10

6 mos old and we are still alive!

Hi Everyone!  I have heard a few rumbles out there that we are slacking in the blog department.  I have thought about it on several different occasions knowing I was pushing it so...here I am...

Gosh, I feel like so much has been going on since the last blog update!  We are at constant mach speed; some days I feel like I have been moving with my finger on the fast forward button.  Let's see, where to start...

Nana Harding left last week, and I think this visit was harder on her to leave because the boys are really interacting more.  It was way too hot to do much, but the boys got a ton of playtime inside. At the end of my mom's visit, my sister Carrie decided to surprise her for her b-day and flew down to stay for a few days.  It was the first time she had met the boys and it was just awesome to have her here.  We had some BEAUTIFUL weather and actually drove up to the mountains for a relaxing picnic.  Well that's what we thought we would do...see there's this thing called "baby's prerogative"  have you heard of it?  They get to choose the best times to be fussy and just go with it all day!  Needless to say, we drove two hours to a beautiful spot in the mountains, unpacked the crew in a grassy spot by a lake and bam! we were hit with the "baby prerogative" thingy.  We tried our hardest to make them happy, but it didn't quite work.  So, we got a few good moments and then packed up and drove 2 hours back.  We did decide to just try one more thing on the way home because we adults believed we were entitled ice cream.  We got our ice cream and then homeward bound.

It was great to have my mom helping us once again, thank you Nana...the boys already miss you.

Grandma Meade will arrive here on the 13th for her 6 week stint, and Grandpa Biggie will be here to visit in a week.  I am sure we will be even more busy now that the weather is cooling a bit.  I can't wait to get outside!!

Yes, the boys are now 6 months old.  I can't believe how fast time goes.  They are getting HUGE!  They just had their 6 mos check up and our heavy-weight champion is...SKYLER, weighing in at 19.4lbs!  Asher pulled in at 18lbs and Ryder quickly approaching the big boys at 17.2.  The Dr. said they look great and we can start solids!  Thank goodness, I am so over all these bottles!

This morning was the first attempt at rice cereal.  Ryder and Skyler did great and ate more than I thought they would, and Asher just wasn't too sure about it.  I am really excited about starting food.  I plan to make our own, it only makes sense to me to do it this way. 

We are all doing great, we continue to be challenged as new parents.  Everyday is a "trip" and we are lovin' every minute of it.

Enjoy the new pics!!

Asher and Nana
Asher and Nana
Ryder and Daddy
Skyler lounging in the Mountains

Ryder sitting at dinner table like a big boy!
Ryder
Skyler and Ryder having a conversation
Asher relaxin'
Auntie Carrie and Nana
Auntie Carrie
Skyler at his first cereal feeding
Ryder at his first cereal feeding

1 comment:

  1. They are so adorable! Ryder's little smile is so cute!!! Looking so forward to seeing you all again! See you Thursday!! Love, Aunt Patty

    ReplyDelete